Kathryn Korostoff – Publications and Presentations
Kathryn Korostoff has a special interest in how organizations acquire, manage, and apply market research.
Over the past 20 years, she has personally directed more than 600 primary market research projects and published over 100 bylined articles in various magazines, including Quirk’s Marketing Research Review and the MRA’s Alert! magazine. Kathryn is also the author of the book, “How to Hire & Manage Market Research Agencies,” available on Amazon.
She has been a featured speaker at American Marketing Association (AMA), AMAI, ESOMAR, and Marketing Research Association (MRA) events, and is frequently hired by clients to facilitate on-site market research workshops. She is a prominent figure in market research social media, as a leading market research Twitter brand, an AMA marketing research forum ambassador, and as a popular guest blogger.
- How To Hire & Manage Market Research Agencies. Available on Amazon, February 2009.
- Co-Author of 10 Answers to Contemporary Market Research Questions, published November 2012.
- “How Research Can Get it’s Mojo Back” Quirk’s Marketing Research Media. May 2014.
- “Welcome on Board Flight 196, Destination Sample Size: This is Your Captain Speaking” MRIA’s Vue Magazine. February 2014.
- “Corporate Researchers: Loving their Job, But not their Career?” Alert! Magazine. February 2014.
- “Researchers, think of your clients as students” Quirk’s Marketing Research Media. February 2014.
- “Organic Market Research: Avoiding Overly Contrived Data” Alert! Magazine. October 2013.
- “Can Multinational Survey Risk be Mitigated by Scale Choice?” Alert! Magazine. February 2013.
- “Research as a profit center? It’s closer than you think.” Quirk’s Marketing Research Review. January 2013.
- “Copernicus for marketing research: Job titles in 2015.” Quirk’s Marketing Research Review. January 2013.
- “Doing the Right Thing: Uncovering Social Responsibility with Online Surveys.” AYTM. August 2012.
- “Let there be Content!” AYTM. April 2012.
- “Yes? Or No? Is That Really the Question For Your Next Online Survey?” AYTM. January 2012.
- “Voice Of The Customer: Find Out What They Want, What They Really, Really Want.” AYTM. November 2011.
- “Budget Limitations Top Market Research Provider Challenges.” Marketing Researchers E-newsletter. March 2011.
- “Research for Research Agencies: Examining Client-Side Priorities.” Marketing Researchers E-newsletter. Feb. 2011.
- “Satisfaction vs. Loyalty: Two Sides of the Same Coin.” AYTM. May 2010.
- “A research blogger on research blogs- the 10 must-reads (and a few honorable mentions).” Quirk’s Marketing Research Review. August 2010.
- “Market Research Departments: The Hero of the Market Research Story.” Alert! Magazine. August 2010.
- “Why DIY Research is Good for Everyone.” Alert! Magazine. April 2010.
- “Creating new market segmentations is difficult but worthwhile.” Quirk’s Marketing Research Review. December 2008.
- “Choosing the Right Market Research Agency.” Greenbook: The Guide for Buyers of Marketing Research. 2010.
- “Defining Appropriate Goals for Your Market Research Project.” Greenbook: The Guide for Buyers of Marketing Research. 2010.
- “Project Scope: Market Segmentation.” Greenbook: The Guide for Buyers of Marketing Research. 2010.
- “Dealing With Hard-Core Market Research Skeptics.” Greenbook: The Guide for Buyers of Marketing Research. 2010.
- “Leverage Existing Research.” Greenbook: The Guide for Buyers of Marketing Research. 2010.
- “Keeping Your Market Research Project on Track.” Greenbook: The Guide for Buyers of Marketing Research. 2010.
- “Planning a Great Presentation of Research Results.” Greenbook: The Guide for Buyers of Marketing Research. 2010.
- More than 100 other articles from before 2009.
Past Speaking Engagements:
- September 16, 2014: At the 2014 MRA Corporate Researchers Conference Kathryn Korostoff was interviewed on Ethics in Research
- September 16, 2014: Kathryn Korostoff was one of six participants in “MR Professionals in a Live Research Ethics Debate” at The Corporate Researchers Conference in Chicago.
- June, 2014: ESOMAR Summer Academy Conference in Amsterdam: Kathryn Korostoff was a workshop leader.
- May 15, 2014: Kathryn Korostoff taught a workshop on statistics for market researchers at this Boston-area event: Spring into Action: Optimizing Tomorrow’s Market Research Effectiveness
- October 16-18, 2013: At the Corporate Researchers Conference in Dallas, Kathryn Korostoff presented “Can Market Research Be a Profit Center?”
- May 14, 2013:At Mirren Live: The 2013 New Business Conference in New York City, Kathryn Korostoff presented “Big Research on a Not-So-Big-Timeline”.
- September 9, 2012: ESOMAR Event, Kathryn Korostoff presented “Fast, Faster, Fastest: Speedy Insights into Customer Needs, Behaviors and Attitudes”.
- April 26, 2012: AIMRI Meeting – “Online research & social media on the international landscape, Kathryn Korostoff presented on “Think Outside the Survey: 8 Market Research Methods for Customer Insight.”
- November 8, 2011: TGaS Advisors 2011 Commercial Operations Fall Summit.
- September 14, 2011: AMA’s Market Research Strategy Summit. Kathryn Korostoff presented, “Fast, Faster, Fastest: Speedy Insights Into Customer Needs & Behaviors.”
- September 7, 2011: AMAI, Mexico City. Kathryn Korostoff, Keynote Speaker.
- June 23, 2011: Festival of New MR. Kathryn Korostoff presented, “Using Social Media to Boost Market Research Learning: The Twitterversity Experiment.”
- September 26-29, 2010: American Marketing Association 2010 Marketing Research Conference, Atlanta, “Using Max Diff as a Market Segmentation Tool.”
- June 23, 2010: American Marketing Association Virtual Market Research event, “Debating the Future of Market Research.”
- June 10, 2010: Marketing Research Association, at the MRA’s annual conference Kathryn Korostoff presented on, “Research Success: Tactics for Making Sure Internal Clients will actually use the Research Results!”
- April 7, 2010: Questionnaire Design Planning Webinar. Speaker: Kathryn Korostoff. Hosted by Ryma, and co-presented with QuestionPro. Link to webinar playback: QREPLYBK
- March 31, 2010: Writing Great RFPs. How to Write a Market Research RFP Speaker: Kathryn Korostoff, President, Research Rockstar. Hosted by the MRA.
- January 20, 2010: Divide and Conquer: Practical Segmentation Tips. Speaker: Kathryn Korostoff. Hosted by QuestionPro.